To the friends and supporters of Harlington Locomotive Society
Given the current situation regarding the Covid-19 outbreak, it is with great sadness that we will have to delay the start of our 2020 running season.
We are therefore announcing the cancellation of all of our planned open days and events for 2020 until further notice.
Hopefully once restrictions are lifted we shall be able to prepare a revised timetable of events and get back to giving miniature train rides at our site.
Updates will be posted here and on our Facebook page.
Wishing you all the best and hoping to see you all soon.
Harlington Locomotive Society
Our Public Open Days give you the chance to visit our site, have a ride on our Miniature Railway, and enjoy a pleasant afternoon in our grounds, perhaps over a cup of tea or coffee (available from our Tea Bar).
Generally, we are open on the 2nd and 4th Sundays each month, starting from Easter Sunday, and ending in October - plus, of course, our Mince Pie Run in December!
Here is a list of our open days for 2020:
|28||Teddy Bears' Picnic|
|December||13||Mince Pie Run|
Open Times: We are open from 2pm to 5pm on all open days except the following:
- Easter Sunday (April 12th): 11am to 5pm
- Mince Pie Run (December 13th): 11am to Dusk
Key points about open days:
- Light refreshments are available from our Tea Bar on all open days.
- Tickets cost 80p and are for a single train journey around our track.
- Under 3s can travel free of charge but must be accompanied by an adult.
- We regret we cannot accept babes-in-arms on the trains.
- On-Site parking is free, and there is no admission charge.
- We have disabled facilities / baby-changing room.
As you can see from the open day list, there are several special open days:
- Easter Sunday: Always a very popular day, this marks the start of our open day season.
- Teddy Bears' Picnic: A special day for Teddy Bears! All children under 10, who come along with their teddies, will be able to have free train rides for the afternoon!
- Exhibition Day: As well as being an open day with the usual train rides, this annual event showcases a selection of our varied model engineering projects.
- Mince Pie Run: Our annual Christmas event sees Father Christmas visiting the railway. We also serve mince pies from our tea bar, in addition to the usual fare.
If you are not a member, and have a locomotive that you wish to bring along to run, please see the note on the membership page.