Our Public Open Days give you the chance to visit our site, have a ride on our Miniature Railway, and enjoy a pleasant afternoon in our grounds, perhaps over a cup of tea or coffee (available from our Tea Bar).
Generally, we are open on the 2nd and 4th Sundays each month, starting from Easter Sunday, and ending in October - plus, of course, our Mince Pie Run in December!
Here is a list of our open days for 2017:
|25||Teddy Bears' Picnic|
|December||17||Mince Pie Run|
Open Times: We are open from 2pm to 5pm on all open days except the following:
- Mince Pie Run (December 17th): 11am to Dusk
Key points about open days:
- Light refreshments are available from our Tea Bar on all open days.
- Tickets cost 70p and are for a single train journey around our track.
- Under 3s can travel free of charge but must be accompanied by an adult.
- We regret we cannot accept babes-in-arms on the trains.
- On-Site parking is free, and there is no admission charge.
- We have disabled facilities / baby-changing room.
As you can see from the open day list, there are several special open days:
- Easter Sunday: Always a very popular day, this marks the start of our open day season.
- Charity Day: This is our Charity Open day in support of the Diabeticare section at Hillingdon Hospital.
- Teddy Bears' Picnic: A special day for Teddy Bears! All children under 10, who come along with their teddies, will be able to have free train rides for the afternoon!
- Exhibition Day: As well as being an open day with the usual train rides, this annual event showcases a selection of our varied model engineering projects.
- Mince Pie Run: Our annual Christmas event sees Father Christmas visiting the railway. We also serve mince pies from our tea bar, in addition to the usual fare.
If you are not a member, and have a locomotive that you wish to bring along to run, please see the note on the membership page.